- Regional Partnerships
Regional collaboration extends economic benefits beyond Manhattan's immediate borders. With that core emphasis, Manhattan Chamber's Economic Development Division has formed regional partnerships for the improvement of economic growth for Geary and Riley counties, the seven-county, north-central Kansas region, Flint Hills region and among many entities with Kansas State University and Fort Riley Army post.
- Greater Manhattan Economic Partnership: Regional economic development organization and division of the Manhattan Chamber. This partnership links the Manhattan Chamber and Pottawatomie County Economic Development Corporation to form an alliance working to grow the area’s economy.
- Region Reimagined: Strategic initiative to unite community/region behind consensus vision for thriving, sustainable and equitable future for Central Flint Hills region.
- Knowledge Based Economic Development: Capitalize upon opportunities for growth to attract businesses with unique access to workforce and resources among collection of civic, academic and private entities.
- Kansas Research Nexus: Partnership with Manhattan, Lawrence and Topeka to showcase combined assets of nine-county region with nearly half-million people, and display benefits to business/industry.
- KC Animal Health Corridor: Home to more than 300 animal health companies that represent 56 percent of total worldwide animal health, diagnostics and pet food sales (world's largest concentration); anchored by Manhattan and Columbia, Mo.
- Flint Hills Regional Council: Association of local Kansas governments from Chase, Geary, Lyon, Morris, Riley, Pottawatomie, Wabaunsee counties and respective municipalities to enhance Flint Hills' economic viability.